Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Townsend

Approaching Townsend now. They like to call themselves The First Town on the Missouri River. And of course they are. The Mighty Mo flows North here on it's way to Helena, Great Falls, Fort Benton and then to the Fort Peck Dam.

I know the dam town well because my wife, Lois, wrote a book called Fifty Cents an Hour, The Builders and Boomtowns of the Fort Peck Dam. Good book. You can read it on Kindle.

She's gone now, after a journey of several years through an insidious illness called Alzheimer's Disease. I have found that learning to live alone is a lot easier when you have a sidecar. The Preacher told me that sounded like a sermon to him. Over 9,000 miles on the rig in the first four months and as the story says, "miles to go before I sleep."

No comments:

Post a Comment