Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Heading east on Hwy 12

I'm leaving a beautiful place called Helena, Montana and heading east.
 Highway 12 runs through some ranchland and follows the BNSF railroad track east and south through Winston, MT. Busy place this morning. Two pick ups and a car at the grocery store gas station. Slowed to 50 mph for some construction. MHP says fines double in construction zones.

Off to the right there must be a hundred antelope in the field. Cool. They usually stay off the highway, it's the deer you have to worry about. I've hit five. (deer that is) Four in cars and one on a motorcycle. Whatta ride that last one was.

My present rig, Honda Shadow 750 is purring along at a good rate. The side car carries everything I need. Water, spare can of gas, the Frog Suit and camping gear for the day I get caught out in the boonies after dark. I don't like to ride after the sun goes down. Prefer to get off the road by mid afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment