Monday, August 18, 2014

The New Ride

I was out for a short ride on Highway 12 heading East out of Helena when I saw it.
A 2006 Yamaha 1100cc Classic. It was just sort of waiting for me in the front row of vehicles at the Nissan Dealer. Cool maroon in color, sharp looking unit. I had to stop and take a good look. Turns out it is a 2006 model with only 8,000 miles on it. Shaft drive, floor boards instead of foot pegs and sort of a welcoming feel about.

I called son Roger to come out and take a ride on it. I'm just not too comfortable on a two wheeler since I fastened this side car on the Honda. He liked it. A salesman came out for a visit. Nice guy named Jason. They were asking $3,500. Too much.

When I got home I checked Kelly Blue for it's value. Hmmm, $4800 retail $3660 trade in. Not bad. I got Sidecar Bill to come out with me to check it out. He rode it, checked it over and pronounced it sound. That was a week ago. He has now taken the sidecar off the Honda, which I have in the driveway with a For Sale sign on, and is busy installing the Hack on my new ride.

The Honda 750cc Shadow did it's job. It was a great ride and took me over 9,000 miles into this new life and was a great comfort with the steady rumble from those great sounding pipes. Just not quite big enough for the next step which is a Cross Country Cruise. This new ride will not only handle the Side Hack, but after an October 6th visit to Open Road Outfitters in Virginia, it will be pulling a Mini Mate Tent Camper behind it. Look out kids and grandkids!

The Right Lane has never looked better, America. Here I come.

No comments:

Post a Comment